Many women have a similar problem: an overabundance of makeup products and no real sense as to their true usefulness and application. That’s when it’s time to go back to basics and examine the essential of a flawless look. Start by choosing a well-trusted cosmetics company like Oro Gold Products for the best products available. Oro Gold Reviews numerous make up tips.
● Foundation – Find your best foundation shade. Try the Oro Gold store a cosmetic counter to help determine your perfect match. If on your own, try swiping a few colors vertically across your jawline, and whichever one is barely visible is your best bet. After cleansing and moisturizing, apply the foundation with your fingers or a sponge. Dab the foundation onto the areas that need it most (dark circles, uneven spots, ruddy cheeks) and blend gently.
● Concealer – Concealer is the only way to hide dark circles. Even though it’s a temporary fix, with the right technique, it can completely hide the dark circles under the eyes. Using the ring finger, apply a non-greasy eye cream and dab gently under the eyes until well blended. Apply light pressure, but not too hard as to not completely rub off the product.
● Blush – The key to blush is to use a shade that makes you appear to be slightly blushing, not wearing blush. For a natural look, start with lighter shades and skip the shimmery ones. Use a blush brush to swipe a small amount across the apples of your cheeks (the part that shows when you smile). If you can clearly see where the blush starts and ends, you’ve used too much or the color is too dark.
● Mascara – Mascara thickens as it is exposed to air over time. If yours is clumpy, get rid of it or switch brands. For great cosmetics, try Oro Gold Products. If you choose, curl lashes first before mascara. Lashes naturally grow outward instead of upward, so a curler is a good idea. To properly apply mascara, press the mascara wand against the lashes, avoiding the lids. As you move the wand up toward the tips of the lashes, wiggle it gently in a zigzag motion to ensure you get every lash.
● Eyeliner – Use a soft pencil that glides on without any pressure or tugging and look for products labeled ophthalmologist-tested. Line top and bottom lids, or choose a dark eyeshadow color to line the upper lid.
● Highlighter – A slightly shimmery cream highlighter has many purposes, including giving the illusion of a slimmer nose, sculpted cheekbones, and lifted eyebrows. Trace a thin line down the bone of the nose and then blend for a visually slender nose, or blend highlighter across the tops of the cheeks (above the blush) then blend to make the cheeks pop.
● Lipstick – Chapped lips should be taken care of before any lipstick is applied. Try wearing a lip balm to bed and wake up with soft, kissable lips. For a natural look, find a nude shade that makes the bare face stand out. Check out Oro Gold Cosmetics for a variety of trendy lipstick shades.
● Eyeshadow – Some eyeshadows barely show up and others are much too dark. For the perfect eyeshadow for everyday use, a simple rule of thumb is to pick a shade that is slightly darker than your skin tone–soft plum or light brown for darker complexions, taupey-gray or golden beige for medium skin tones, and a light apricot for fair skin. To apply, use a soft eyeshadow brush to sweep color across lids, blending into and just above the creases. Use light, feathery strokes to blend.
In addition to these makeup must-haves, investing in a good brush set is a good idea. Remember to properly clean your makeup brushes to keep bacteria at bay and colors looking fresh. You can find cleaners at cosmetic or department stores, or try a gentle soap, like baby shampoo to soak your brushes. The Oro Gold store is a good place to find all of your essentials of makeup.